I'm looking for an ~100% N2 fill for nitro cold brew coffee and I'm having a hard time finding a supplier who sells food grade N2 in consumer quantities. Any advice for companies in United States who sell food grade N2?

  • Why 100% nitro? Beer gas blend is usually 25/75 CO2/N2. You might have an easier time finding that at your local compressed gas supplier. Are you solely talking about making coffee or a coffee beer? If its the former your question may need to get migrated to a different SE site.
    – brewchez
    Commented Oct 24, 2016 at 10:35
  • Solely coffee. However it's brewed at home and kegged... Commented Oct 24, 2016 at 19:33

1 Answer 1


I talked to homebrewing supply stores looking for "Guinness mix" or "beer gas" pre-filled bottles for sale. While this isn't a pure 100% mix, it's about 75/25 or 70/30 and usually means the supplier mixed it for them. After a lot of digging at homebrew suppliers, I found that one of their suppliers does smaller batch orders, which can be difficult since fequently breweries sign up for a delivery schedule with large gas suppliers.

The gas supplier is an industrial welding and gas supply store -- don't let "industrial" in the name dissuade you from calling and asking about food/medical grade. This industrial supplier also has food grade tank exchange.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.