I got a stove top coffee maker, from my grandfather (not antique, he bought it recently). I am not sure what type it is. I claims to be a percolator, but functions more like a moka pot. They have given the nozzle to pour, in the top chamber. It heats water in bottom chamber, and the water passes through coffee powder, placed in between, and a brown liquid falls in the top, which is what I drink.

This is an Amazon.in link to that piece: https://www.amazon.in/Pigeon-Xpresso-Stainless-Coffee-Perculator/dp/B072F17LRP/

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


This is a typical moka pot.

The confusion may stem from the fact that the principle of a moka pot is somewhat similar to a percolator, just without a back flow (sort of a “one way percolator”), and in some descriptions, including the German Wikipedia article on moka pots, the expression “percolator” is used.

  • Are there English translations of German Wikipedia article anywhere? I don't know German, but I want to read what it says.
    – Manish S
    Jan 7, 2021 at 2:38

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.