I bought a espresso machine for home. The machine I bought is a Ikohs Kaffeta.

It has a screwable piece that goes in the tip of the steam wand that it is used to create foam (as the manual says).

I see some other home espresso machines come with what it's called an auto-frothing wand, and basically is a piece that you can remove to make the wand work like a normal wand for creating more micro foam milk. I tried removing that piece but it only heats the liquid and creates a lot of bubbles. I can only put air into the milk and make a whirl using that piece. The thing is that I am tring to create more of a microfoam for trying latte art but I end up getting a thick layer of dense foam (which I also like) but I want to be able to create micro-foamy milk. I get nothing like elastic milk.

1 Answer 1


Is it a wand with a single tip at the end?

To get microfoam, you only have to produce a little foam at the start of steaming, a few light 'rips' of bubbles, then the rest of the time is spent whirling this into the milk. Keep the wand tip just below the milk and a little to the side while keeping the pitcher flat. This will create a whirlpool that helps mix everything else up. Hope this helps.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.