My drip coffee brewer's container has been cracked and it is leaking. I know super glue is toxic. How can I repair it?

  • 1
    Welcome! Could you please add a few additional details (e.g. what material are we talking about) and maybe a photo or two? As it stands, it’s either too broad or unclear. The help center will explain more about how the site works.
    – Stephie
    Jun 27 '19 at 5:41

Just get a replacement. Given reality, unless it's some super special-to-you drip brewer, get a whole replacement coffee maker, which will set you back very little at all at a thrift store, and not much more brand-new. Finding the exact replacement for a particular carafe is much more difficult, and often, in the odd way things are, more expensive.

If you simply HAVE to repair it, well, either go visit a glassblower, or become one (assuming a glass carafe - replace "glassblower" with "weldor" if a stainless steel carafe that you've somehow managed to crack.) That will undoubtely cost a great deal more.

I've personally moved away from automatic drip, but things are no different in French press - if you break the glass, the whole thing costs less than getting a replacement for just the glass. So far I've managed "careful" pretty well (mine is is probably older than I am,) but I know a fair number of folks who've gone to a stainless steel French press after dropping a couple of glass ones.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.