I am the coffee guy for my parish's Fall Festival and every year I hit the same snag when it comes time to serve the coffee.
This is the scenario:
I am given:
- 20 silver pots with vacuum sealed lids one has to press to open
- 20 gold pots with flip-top lids that don't really seal at all
- one large percolator (100 cups)
- one medium percolator (about 65 cups)
- one smaller percolator (about 35 cups)
There are about 20 tables and people expect a pot of decaf and a pot of regular on each table.
The tables seat 8-10 people, but sometimes only 2-4 people will sit down at a table.
I will have several servers with nothing better to do than check if coffee pots are full.
How can I keep the maximum amount of coffee warm in this scenario?