I'm looking for a flat bottom paper filter that fits a basket about 3" on the bottom and 2.5" high. #2 cone filters work, but are really not ideal. The basket belongs to a Cuisinart coffee maker.

1 Answer 1


There are "basket-shaped" filters, which I think is what you're looking for. In my area, they're just as common as "Melitta-style" cone-shaped filters; you should be able to find them at most markets / grocery-stores. They come in various sizes; you're probably looking for one of the smaller ("junior size") variety.

From this previous answer, here's a picture of what you're looking for, I think: a basket-style filter:

basket filter

You can also find them online -- one example of the "junior size" basket filter, which is what I think you want based on what you said about the size of the machine/filters. There are 3 main sizes (and probably more): "junior size" (for ~2-6 cup machines -- as linked above), the most common normal/medium size (for 8-12 cup machines), and the large/extra-large size (for large/commercial 20+ cup machines).

They tend to be inexpensive and come in large packs... I hope you drink a lot of coffee ;-)

  • 1
    You can always use the excess for crafts, experiments etc. Or line flowerpots, then transplant without shocking the roots. Or keep them for a really long time until used up, they don't spoil ^_^
    – Stephie
    May 4, 2016 at 9:56

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.