The Brikka, like many stovetop espresso makers, has a lot of parameters that affect how the espresso turns out.
What are the best parameters for using the Brikka correctly? Which of these are more vital to getting the crema to stick around once you pour the espresso into the cup?
My current list is:
- Ground coffee particle size (compared to espresso machine fine or coarser)
- Amount of water filled in the bottom part
- Amount of coffee you put in the basket and compression - this one is supposed to be easy, fill it up without a hump and without pressing it down
- The fire size and strength under the Brikka - I use the smallest flame base, but using the smallish 2-cup Brikka it is a bit bigger than the base when on maximal burn.
- When exactly to turn off the fire under the Brikka
- When exactly to pour the coffee (it says right after the coffee comes out, but there is coffee still coming out of the nozzle if I pour it too soon).