I made three batches in a row with a moka pot (for Vietnamese coffee ice cream!) recently. I did my best to handle things with a wet rag while still hot, but it was still a bit of a pain and a bit slow. Is there anything else I can do to speed things along or make it easier? Is it safe to just run water over it to fully cool it down?
Here's what I do:
- Boil a kettle with as much water as you're going to need for everyone
- Fill the sink with cold water
- Make your pot of coffee as normal: using boiling water
- After you've made the coffee and poured it out, dunk the pot in the sink of cold water
- It should cool down within a few seconds, allowing you to unscrew it, clean it out, and reset (it helps if you have a second sink to do the cleaning in)
- Fill with coffee/boiling water again, and repeat until everyone has coffee